PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Ultimately accountable for respective regional sales plans of existing products, technologies and solutions within specific portfolio.
- To maximise business growth and profitability for allocated region/s through the optimal selling of products/solutions built on credible customer relations and partnerships.
- Drive sales performance against set standards / targets as determined by the GM.
- Maintaining OPTRON Group reputation as well as ensuring customer satisfaction by taking control of the delivery process for prompt delivery of products/service.
- Offer quality solutions to meet customer needs by conducting proper research and addressing the customers pain points.
- Develop methods for growth and maintenance of customer base through actively identifying new sales and market opportunities within allocated region/s as well as keeping in contact with loyal/repeat customers.
- Prepare and submit sales forecasts to the GM on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.
- Uphold effective and efficient sales process and administration for accurate and accountable sales processing and practices.
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of own product knowledge for sales excellence.
- Liaise with GM to define marketing campaigns and requirements in collaboration with respective product specialist.
- Stay up to date with new and upcoming regional product launches and ensure attendance thereof.
- Build and improve on long-term client relationships with key defined customers within the region/s.
- Drive customer satisfaction through ensuring professional, knowledgeable and friendly customer service delivery throughout the region/s.
- Ensure the provision of timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs.
- Make customers feel valued and involved by requesting their feedback and thereby creating constant improvement on product and service offerings.
- ‘Walk and talk’ OPTRON Group’s organisational culture and values in pursuit of excellence.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Agriculture or equivalent.
- Diploma, certificate or training in Sales practices will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience in the agricultural sector.
Skills / Knowledge:
- An advanced knowledge of related products & services.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Understanding of industry/ applications/ solutions/ customer requirements.
- Understanding of sales best practices.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office)
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to effectively liaise with customers/ members of the business community.
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions
- Problem solving ability.
Attitude / Approach:
- Accountability/ Integrity in sales, expense & delegation issues.
- Reliability regarding services offered/ promised to customers.
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs: Ability to understand sales performance metrics
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
OPTRON Group Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields